Tuesday, March 24, 2015

The Grind Burger Bar @ Section 17, PJ

Since our last porky outing at Morganfield's, my request for my first official foodscapade partner has been accepted! An excellent candidate, Bravo loves food as much as I do, is open to various cuisines, and most importantly we share an undying love of meat - especially pork. So, it comes as no surprise our first official outing was to The Grind Burger Bar, which serves pork burgers.

The Grind Burger Bar.
The first thing we noticed as we entered was this:

Hhmm..open to interpretation here.
Bravo was completely amused. I, on the other hand, was more amused at his amusement haha.. Anyway, let's get down to the burgers.

Bravo got the JD, which as its name suggests contains secret Jack Daniel's sauce on a pork patty, with bacon, cheddar, lettuce, tomato, and onion. He says it's only alright.

The JD.
I got the Lord of the Rings, which is basically the same as the JD except it's got onion rings sandwiched in the burger, and with smokey barbecue mayo instead.

The onion rings were deliciously crisp, and went well with the sauce. Dripping with juice, the first few bites were good , but it slowly became evident that the patty was a tad soft and lacked flavour. I found myself constantly dipping it in Heinz chilli sauce to add to the taste. 

The fries and the side of smokey barbecue mayo made up for the disappointment though. Somehow, Bravo wasn't impressed with the fries either. So hard to please! =P

The Lord of the Rings.
Verdict: Fatboy's is still the preferred choice - next on the burger agenda. If we don't get sidetracked by other joints that is.

Oh, I also learnt something new (somewhat) this outing. Something about fuses blowing when there's an excess of amps? And I've forgotten it already. Physics was never my strongest suit!

Where:
7, Jalan 17/45,
Section 17,
46400 Petaling Jaya,
Selangor.

When:
Tues - Sun: 12pm - 3pm, 5pm - 10pm


No comments:

Post a Comment