Monday, March 09, 2015

Morganfield's @ eCurve, Mutiara Damansara

Finally gave Morganfield's a try while catching up with a good friend who'd recently returned from a stint in the States.

Morganfield's at eCurve.
I'd heard good things about their ribs before and had tried to give it a go previously but it seems this place is pretty popular and was booked out. Didn't want to leave anything to chance this time so ensured a reservation was made.

Hell, yes.
The mugs were piggy-inpired as well. Look at these cute designs!

Piggy mugs
Ok, down to the all important ribs. It didn't take long for us to decide on our selections and the ribs plated fairly soon after. My friend got the Hickory BBQ Spare Ribs while I opted for the Garlicky BBQ Spare Ribs.

Hickory BBQ Spare Ribs
I knew the moment I saw the portions that I wouldn't be able to finish it. They were huge as for a half slab! Value for money for sure though. Super delish and flavourful, these porky babies sure made us happy campers. 

Garlicky BBQ Spare Ribs
In all its deep fried glory was the side of onion rings. These were substituted with fries, a request the staff accommodated with no fuss (rather surprising considering experiences we've had at other local restaurants). The coleslaw deserves a mention too as it's one of the better ones I've tasted out there . Oh, and I was sure I spotted some bacon bits in the mashed potatoes. Mmm, bacon.

Our efforts to finish the half slab failed, but at least we went home with some happiness in a box!

Verdict:  The ribs just weren't as succulent and fall-off-the-bone tender as I'd liked them to be but any dish with pork in it is good enough already.

Where:
Morganfield's
G25, Ground Floor,
No. 2A, Jalan PJU 7/3,
Mutiara Damansara,
47810 Petaling Jaya.

No comments:

Post a Comment