Sunday, March 01, 2015

Oriole Coffee + Bar @ Somerset

So, I was back in Singapore yet again. This time it was a whirlwind day trip with a good friend of mine who roped me in to watch a certain movie banned in Malaysia, which was done quite tastefully I must say. Anyway, back to the food. I'd been to Oriole before for their dessert, and was in search of brunch before the movie and the cafe was in the vicinity so why not give it a go.

Oriole Coffee and Bar
The menu was fairly simple and straightforward, with delicious selections. 

The menu.
I was in the mood for Pancakes. The plate of three pieces of pancakes topped with strawberries and blueberries, with a side of their very own espresso mascarpone butter was simply divine in all its fluffiness! I'm not usually a coffee person but the combination was too delicious. The maple syrup was just the right level of sweetness as well. I couldn't eat it fast enough. My only grouch? If only they were just slightly thicker.

Pancakes with espresso mascarpone butter and maple syrup.
My friend had the Waldorf Salad, which was a mix of apples, celery, grapes, and kale topped with roasted walnuts and blue cheese dressing. According to her, it was good. She especially liked how the apple was beautifully shredded thinly. Looked almost like noodles to me!

Waldorf Salad
Would like to try their mains next time. The ribs and pies sound good if their descriptions are anything to go by.

Where:
96 Somerset Road #01-01,
Pan Pacific Serviced Suites Orchard,
Singapore 238613.

When:
Sun - Thurs, Public Holidays: 10am - 11pm
Fri - Sat: 10am - 12am

2 comments:

  1. I recommend their ribs - it is as good as they say, and the fries are addictive! I have my brunch experience here in my blog.

    Drafts From My Coffee Table - Oriole Coffee & Bar

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Gosh, it sure looks good. Next time for sure!

      Delete