Wednesday, September 03, 2014

Him Heang Lotus Paste biscuits (馨香饼家莲蓉饼)

Have lots of backlogged posts to write as I haven't had the time to really sit in front of the screen! I'll make this short and sweet (literally).

My uncle brought some delicious biscuits fresh from Him Heang in Penang. This brand is most well known for its Tambun biscuits (豆沙饼). I wasn't familiar with the packaging of these new biscuits so I was quite curious as to what surprise lied ahead. 

Him Heang biscuits from Penang.
They make high quality Tambun biscuits, so I was not surprised with the quality and freshness of the Lotus Paste biscuits (莲蓉饼). How do I know it's fresh? That first bite I took revealed it right away. The pastry was fluffy and fragrant and the smoothness and perfect balance of sweetness of the lotus paste filling pretty much blew me away. 

Lotus Paste Biscuits from Him Heang.
In fact, every single bite after that was a party in my mouth. I finished 80% of a packet in no time. Haven't been able to resist temptation in the days since. 

These biscuits have a short shelf life as they contain no preservatives. Can't let a good thing go to waste now, can I? What am I going to do when it runs out?

Where:
162-A, Jalan Burma,
10050 Penang
(The one and only shop in Malaysia)

When:
Daily 8:30am - 5pm

No comments:

Post a Comment