Saturday, September 06, 2014

Chilli Pan Mee (辣椒板面) @ Chun Heong (全香茶餐室)

The first time I tried Chilli Pan Mee was only two years ago. Oh, only then did I realise the deprivation I'd been subjected to. It was at Chun Heong Coffee Shop in Bangsar and hadn't been back until today. For one, the parking situation is terrible and I'd found another shop for my fix (leaving this to another post).

Chilli Pan Mee stall at Chun Heong.
I made my order and waited with bated breath for the bowl of noodles. The experience was made all the more exciting when there was a sighting of fines being written out to illegally parked cars or those that hadn't paid their parking fees, and witnessing car owners rushing to move their car or plead for mercy.

Look closely and you'll see the man in the white helmet writing fines.
Anyway, back to the noodles. This delectable bowl of home made noodles made of flour is topped with dried anchovies, pork mince, mushroom and pork slices, and of course the all important dried chilli flakes. I couldn't mix it up fast enough, my mouth watering and tummy growling from my morning swim. 


Chilli Pan Mee
This beautiful combination, from the springy freshly made noodles to the deliciously fragrant chilli was devoured within minutes. Enjoyed it to the very last chilli flake.

My only grouch? The portion was a tad small, even for me!

Where:
Lorong Ara Kiri 2,
Lucky Garden, Bangsar,
59100 Kuala Lumpur.

When:
Open for breakfast and lunch.

No comments:

Post a Comment