Saturday, October 11, 2014

Nasi Lemak @ Santai

Nasi lemak can be found pretty much at any corner of Malaysia, at a roadside stall or in a restaurant, and can be eaten any time of the day. My favourite can be found at Santai Restaurant & Cafe.

I was so gutted when their breakfast service had stopped after Ramadhan (an extremely long three months), but when I was told this was resumed, I dropped what I was doing and went straight for my beloved nasi lemak!

Santai Restaurant & Cafe.
What makes a good plate of nasi lemak? For me, it's got to be the fragrance of the rice, the hotness of the sambal (chilli sauce), the crispy ikan bilis (fried anchovies), with yummy sides of sambal sotong (squid) and daging (beef). The Nasi Lemak at Santai has got them all.

Nasi Lemak with sambal sotong and daging.
The Fried Beehoon is pretty good as well. It's got generous servings of reasonably sized chicken pieces too, and of course the sambal gives it that extra bang.

Fried Beehoon.
They've got yummy curry puffs and nasi kunyit too. I have yet to try their other dishes which I've heard good things about but can never sway from the wonderfully delicious Nasi Lemak.

Selection of curry puffs and nasi lemak sides.
The atmosphere and feel to Santai is a relaxing one. It's clean, the chairs are comfortable, and the staff so friendly. They're big on honesty and trust here as payment is based entirely on what the customer tells them at the counter. So, if you're one who values the aforementioned traits and good food, definitely pay Santai a visit!

Where:
10, Persiaran Zaaba,
Taman Tun Dr. Ismail,
60000 Kuala Lumpur.

When:
Open daily for breakfast, lunch and dinner.

No comments:

Post a Comment