Wednesday, August 27, 2014

Pasar pagi (Morning market) @ Section 17

I'd visited this market a few times here and there as a child but only recently have I been tagging along with my dear parents more often since I returned to KL. Why now you may ask? Firstly, my body clock has somehow been set to wake my mind and body up at what I used to consider ungodly hours. Second, the food just taste better fresh off the stove!

The morning market at a glance.

Char Koay Kak
My ultimate favourite is the Char Koay Kak - fried carrot cake. Singaporeans may know it as Chay Tow Koay. I have fond memories as a child having this almost every weekend. It was always such a treat after a long week of school. This one stall has been manned by and the dish cooked by the same uncle for as long as I can remember and the quality is as good as ever! The combination of beansprouts (豆芽), preserved turnip (菜脯), fried egg, and not to mention the chilli is just superb.

Deep fried doughy goodness. So sinful but so good!
Next up is the freshly deep fried doughy goodness. There are a few stalls selling this but the best one is the one closest to the main road.

Dai Gao Min (大面)@ Ban Chang Kuih(慢煎糕)@ Apam Balik
One of the better ones I've had in the Klang Valley!

Assortment of steamed buns.
As with all morning markets, this one has a range of local and imported fruits, kampung chicken and fresh fish available.

Where:
Jalan 17/27, Section 17,
46400 Petaling Jaya,
Selangor.

When:
Every morning 
6am - 11am


No comments:

Post a Comment