Wednesday, July 08, 2015

Hang Heung Wife Cakes (恒香老婆饼)

That time of the year again! Family friends from Hong Kong are in town, and of course they didn't come empty handed. This time they brought some freshly baked Wife Cakes from Hang Heung. 

Air flown from Hong Kong!
Only a occasional wife cake eater, it isn't something I usually crave for but give me anything to do with pastry and I'm all set

Super fresh Wife Cakes from Hang Heung.
Filled with winter melon paste, these super fresh cakes are soft and chewy to the bite - utterly delicious. The only thing was that the pastry was a tad crumbly and pretty much falls apart upon biting it, leaving the filling bare. 

Soft and chewy to the bite - delish!
Verdict: Lotus paste biscuits still trump this but wouldn't mind having this in my pantry anytime! Now where can I find a worthy substitute closer to home?

Where:
Hong Kong.

No comments:

Post a Comment