Friday, December 19, 2014

Fatboy's the Burger Bar @ Katong

Continuing in the theme from my last post, this post will be on the meal after the run. When given the option of going for either a vegetarian burger or meat burger, I jumped on the latter without hesitation.

I turned to my friend and said: "This is not the first day you know me, right?". Especially coming from a fellow meat lover, shocking suggestion indeed haha.

I'd just done my first 10km run, starving like hell and in dire need of substantial sustenance. Protein is without a doubt the way to go.

So, off we went to Fatboy's with my surprisingly not (yet) sore legs. Instead, what was starting to get to me was the heat!

Fatboy's @ Katong
I'd tried Fatboy's in KL before but was keen on trying it out in its birth place at one of its branches in Singapore. It didn't take long for our tummies, I mean us to decide on what to get.

I was thrilled to finally have the space to try their malt shakes, and what a treat it was. Thick and rich, the Thick Chocolate Malt Shakes was the perfect blend and consistency in taste and texture. It was agreed that this was comparable to the ones in the States. Superb! 

Thick Chocolate Malt Shake
Then, came the burgers. 

The whopper of a Fat Basterd comes in not one, but TWO beef patties sandwiching a fried egg, and bacon. No way I would be able to finish that even after a run haha.. but somehow my friend managed to, even without running haha. Madness!

The Fat Basterd and The Royale with Cheese
The Royale with Cheese consists of a beef patty topped with cheese, BBQ sauce, and onions. Classic cheeseburger - my childhood favourite, and Fatboy's didn't disappoint. Not to be left out, the fries were wonderfully done - crisp on the outside and soft on the inside, dipped in chilli sauce of course!

Most definitely a satisfying meal. 

Where:
465 Joo Chiat Road
Singapore 427677


No comments:

Post a Comment